Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Thinking about the past....

I have been thinking about my Nanny here lately. She was my grandmother on my father's side. She wasn't your typical grandma. She wasn't was one of those rocking chair, knitting grandmas. She was awesome! She would take me on Saturday nights to two-step dances and then after mid-night we would go to Shoney's breakfast bar. She was the manager at the Goodwill store in Lebanon and on certain Saturdays she would pick me up and I would help her at the store and in return she would let me take stuff home:) She could tell some of the scariest ghost stories (her own experiences) that would make your hair stand on end.  I hope that whenever I have grandkids (better not be till I am at least 50, lol) that I can be as wonderful as she was.I know she is up in Heaven having a big, ole' time and looking down on me from time to time.  Nanny, I love you and you are missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment