Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hey good lookin' whatcha got cookin'?

How's about cookin' somethin' up with  me ...
Hey, sweet baby, don't you think maybe...
We could find us a  brand new recipe.

Hello on this Sunday afternoon! I thought I might put some recipes and cooking tips here on my blog too.
I guess I will start with this one.......

Broccoli Rice Casserole
1 stick margarine
1 bag frozen chopped onions (or 2 small fresh)
1 large bag frozen chopped broccoli
2 cups chopped celery
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 cups cooked minute rice
salt and pepper to taste
 
Preheat oven to 350
 
 
Melt margarine in skillet, saute onions and celery until tender. Mix broccoli and cheese together with onions and celery, mix well. Add rice, soup and cheese, add salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 45 minutes. ENJOY!!!
 
You can reduce this down by half for a smaller casserole.
 
This is extremely good comfort food:)

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog, Mrs. Dixon...

    Check out mine when you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete